Challenge week 5

Posted on

When I was little, like, 5, I had an obsession with Scooby Doo. I bought stuffed animals, knew every show by heart, and only ate the gummies. My favorite character was Shaggy, which I now realized had a cool name for a dog owner, because he shared my love for food and dog treats. (I thought they were delicious.)

I also liked Velma because she was like my sister Kenna. Kenna, like Velma, was a bit nerdy and couldn’t see anything without her glasses.

Anyway, I liked Scooby Doo because I loved the mystery, the adventure, and the bad catchphrases, everything a bored 5-year old would want. I also liked trying to guess the culprit, which I was terrible at. But I tried. And failed of course.

I hate the cartoon Scooby Doo today though, the new version. Their eyes look weird, compared to the old version. I would watch a minute and scream, “THIS IS ALL WRONG.” And run to the next room.

4 thoughts on “Challenge week 5

1. I didn’t know there was a new version. Some things are better off left alone, I think…unknown.

I liked Scooby Doo, too, but not for Shaggy. I liked Velma and her intelligent/smart aleck interactions with everyone else.

On another television note, I have been (re)watching a lot of Dr. Who lately, and I am reminded just how many sad episodes there are. Really sad. “The Girl Who Waited” breaks my heart.

2. I loved the cheesy catchphrases, too. We would always shout them in unison when we watched it together. Such memories.

3. I agree with Mrs. Kriese about things being left unchanged, especially classic cartoons. I would cite past examples except for fear of revealing my true age. But, can you imagine if someone in the future tried to create a new version of Calvin and Hobbes? That would violate my fondest cartoon memories. And Winnie the Pooh of course.